PPC stands for Pay Per Click, and it’s a great way to advertise. This is because people will click on your ad, and you can make a lot of money from a small ad spend. However, the problem with PPC is that you only get paid if people click, and there is a chance that they won’t.
Google’s PPC results are crucial to any advertising campaign. They are used to decide which ads are shown to which users and are an essential part of the Google AdWords platform. The PPC results are the summaries of the best ads (the most “visible” to your users) based on the keywords you chose. But, why do you need to know what the PPC results are? Because PPC is an important part of any online marketing strategy.
Having said that, did you know that a good ad campaign is far more important than a high PPC bid? You can run a 100% perfect campaign and still lose money if the ad is not relevant to your ad’s objective. This is why it is essential to test your PPC campaigns against other advertisers to ensure you are getting as much as you should from your ad spend as possible.
From time to time, you may have the desire to check the performance of your PPC campaigns against your competitors. After all, if you have a competitive PPC campaign, the last thing you want to do is lose out on opportunities to get ahead of your competitors.
Here’s how to check your PPC results against your competitors.
- You can use a variety of tools to check the performance of your PPC campaign. For example, you can use an auction analytic tool to compare how your ad performs versus your competitors. Or you can look at how your ad is performing via a demographic or psychographic analysis tool. While both of these tools will help you make a better marketing decision, they also have their limitations. For example, an auction analytic tool only measures the performance of one ad at a time. In contrast, a demographic or psychographic analysis tool will provide you with a more holistic view of how your ad is performing.
- You can check your PPC results against competitors every day (and every quarter) of the month by checking AdWords Ad Rank. It’s important to understand that Ad Rank is a metric for how your ads place against your competitors. It shows what percentage of your competitors’ ads show up on the first page of the Google SERP for a given search term. If you see a lower Ad Rank than you expect, this could indicate that your Ad Rank is lower than your competitors.
- SEMRush, a marketing software solution, was launched in 2009 and is available on the market today at a discounted rate for marketing professionals. The software makes it easy to scan, identify, and create reports on competitors’ online presence. Once you have the data at hand, you can use SEMRush to see how you measure up against your competitors. It’s a great way to gauge where you’re doing well and where you may need to make changes.
It is also a powerful tool to help with keyword ranking and ad copy optimization options, and it is a great tool to help with PPC and SEO. This is because it helps to check your ads for relevancy and competition. This tool is the premier tool for researching your competitors’ PPC traffic, ads, keywords, and top-performing landing pages. SEMRush is one of the most important tools for any digital marketer, whether you are selling products, services, or advertising.
- To check your PPC results against competitors, we recommend using PPC Auction Insights. It’s a free tool that we use to quickly and easily check our own PPC performance against our competitors. The tool shows you historical and current performance, as well as how it compares to the industry as a whole.
- Lastly, you can check on your competitors by setting up a bidding strategy. If you set up a bidding strategy to check your PPC results against competitors, you can take your campaigns to the next level by quickly identifying the keywords that are making the difference.